Beware of scams when it comes to donating to Japan or Haiti
- Be careful who you donate to, make sure the charity is legit, to do this go to the Better Business Bureau website to checkout the organization.
- Do your research with the charity
- Watch out for texting to donate, especially on Facebook.
- If the organization does not have a .org at the end of the website address it could be a scam. Watch out for .com at the end of website addresses when it comes to charity organizations.
- Beware of door to door charity! Don’t give out any money, red flag is if they do not have any receipts to give you as proof of payment.
- Don’t donate using your Paypal account, this is a slick way to get a hold of your account.
- Remember: Before you donate money do your research and checkout the organization at www.bbb.org. Right now AT&T is offering free texting and calling to Japan.