Thursday, March 31, 2016

TBT: Travel Mad Libs



In honor of Throwback Thursday, we are highlighting one of our fun + older post: Travel Mad Libs. Hope this Mad Lib adds a touch of humor to a rather long work week!

From March 16, 2011:

March Madness: Travel Mad Lib!
Do you remember the word game MAD LIBS? Well, I don't know if many of you remember or have ever played--but you are first asked to list a series of words (nouns,verbs, and adjectives etc) and plug them into a story! Well in keeping up with the MADNESS of MARCH, here is a Travel Mad Lib (that I found on a travel blog).Enjoy!
 
My travels began a year ago when I was __biking_____ and praying to ____God_______ in the washroom. Because of my ___dog_____, I realized how much I hated my life and decided right then and there to quit my job as a __rockstar_____ and travel on a journey to ____London_____, ___Thailand_____, and _China____ by _____jet______.In __London__ I learned to speak ___Creole____ which came in use when I had to escape a mob of angry ___Puerto Ricans____. Then I met this cute guy/girl who kept hitting on me but I was too busy eating _____pizza___ to care. In fact, I ate so much that I can't fit into my _____underwear___ anymore!
Next I traveled to ____Thailand_______ where I decided to get in touch with my spiritual side. I visited the ___Cathedral______ daily but all I could really think about was what I'm going to do now that I can't fit into my clothes anymore. Luckily I bumped into ____Obama___ one day and we spent a day bonding together by shopping at
____H&M______.Lastly, my travels took me to _____China_____ where I raised $_____3______ by selling ____table___ to buy a house for a friend. I was also invited to a party where I met a lot of expats from ____Kenya___ . It was there when I met a really attractive ____Australian___ and fell madly in love. As a result, I don't have time to write anymore because I haven't been out of the bedroom in days....
If you wish to know what I've been doing in said bedroom (*wink wink*), buy my sequel - it comes out in
____2012____ !
 
Mad libs are easy to create- and if you are real creative, you can use this as an invitation for a destination wedding, bachelorette party, or even planning a romantic getaway!
 
 
 
-JSD

No comments: